Saturday 5 December 2009

Memories of a friend

Raindrops falling on my windscreen,
Remind me of time spent with you,
Time we thought we would have plenty of,
And all the great things we could do.

Raindrops remind me of laughing,
So hard that we thought we would burst,
Laughing so loud, we gathered a crowd,
Who joined us with ravenous thirst.

Raindrops remind me of cycles of life,
First water, then vapour, then gas,
They remind me that everything changes with time,
The next phase will not be the last.

Now sunshine is drying the raindrops,
And healing is drying my tears,
Where once there was sadness and loss in my heart,
Warm feelings are chasing my fears.

So when I see raindrops I remember our love,
And feel sad that it was not meant to last,
I remember that sunshine will follow the rain,
The pain that I'm feeling will pass.

So fly up to heaven and brighten those skies,
No raindrops, no worries, no tears.
I'll look up for sunshine and know it is you,
Who'll be with me for all of my years.

2 comments:

  1. I can so see who you are letting go of. Yes, good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know since I wrote this and posted it, I feel a whole lot better. Like I have let go and can move on :)

    ReplyDelete